Top 6 Best Hot Glue Guns of 2020 – Get Yourself the Best by This Review/Guide
Be it arts and crafts or fixing transistors in a circuit, a glue gun is universally used, and there is no doubt on the utility of hot glue guns. With a ton of variety on the market of glue guns, how will you be able to select the best hot glue guns for yourself? Low-quality glue guns are a dime a dozen, a person who has regular technical work requires a good quality hot glue gun.
This is why we have compiled descriptive hot glue gun reviews and buying guide of the best hot glue guns of 2020 for the ease of people searching for a glue gun for themselves. Keep reading on, and hopefully, you’ll be much more aware of glue guns by the end of this guide.
Top 6 Solar Shower Bag of 2020
Size of Sticks Used
Power of Heat
Surebonder PRO2-220 220 Watt Adjustable Temperature
7/16 inch sticks
Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun
0.43 x 8-inch sticks
ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun
0.27 x 5.3 inch sticks
Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun
5/16 inch sticks
AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun (0189)
7/16 inch sticks
Adtech Mini Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun
0.28-inch diameter sticks
The last on this list and the cutest mini-size hot glue gun is the Adtech Mini Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun but do not underestimate this little device judging by its outer appearance.
The Adtech Mini Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun features a high and low adjustment settings to melt glue in time according to your preference and time. This is an important feature because, in arts and craft, you have to take care of the temperature of hot glue because if the material is delicate and your glue gun does not have a low setting, then you can risk burning the material.
The Adtech Mini, Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun, works on multiple surfaces owing to its temperature adjust, you can use it on fabric, paper, wood, glass, metals and much more.
The outer covering of the Adtech Mini Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun is made of very durable plastic to provide a strong framework.
- It is very durable on the outside.
- It features a long cord so you can easily move it around.
- The Adtech Mini Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun is considerably low priced
- The temperature adjustment makes it compatible with multiple surfaces.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The device has the probability of short-circuiting.
- The temperature adjustment is the biggest highlight of this device.
- The high temperature supports all kinds of hard materials like metal, glass, wood, etc.
- It consists of a very high-quality shell.
- The chord is about 5-feet that helps in manoeuvrability.
- It provides 40 watts of heat output.
The Adtech Mini Hi-Temp Hot Glue Gun is a great budget glue gun for your art and crafts needs, and it can be used on many surfaces like glass, metal, wood, fabric and much more. It features a dual temperature adjustment setting making it a great way to select the temperature of the melted glue you want to be, with respect to the suitable surface.
For those looking for a heavy-duty mini size hot glue gun, there is the AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun which offers hybrid of a full-size hot glue gun and a mini size glue gun.
The AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun is very heavy duty; it has an output power of 200 watts and a very sturdy body.
The AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output, Hot Melt Glue Gun, heats up to 220 degrees Celcius in only a mere 3 minutes with an output rate of 3.6 pounds of glue per hour.
The unique thing about the AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun is the four-finger trigger mechanism. Unlike other glue guns that require only one or two fingers to work the glue gun that ultimately hurts your fingers, so in order to work the AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun, you have to press the trigger with four fingers making it very comfortable to use this device,
- It is a heavy-duty glue gun.
- It heats glue to 220-degree Celcius in under 3 minutes.
- It has a sturdy build.
- It has a very aesthetic and high-quality design.
- It comes with a four-finger trigger design mechanism which is very convenient.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun is very durable and sturdy.
- The four-finger trigger is very comfortable.
- It provides 3.5 pounds of glue per hour.
- The AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun can warm glue in under 3 minutes and take the temperature up to 200 degrees Celcius.
If you are a bit rattled in buying a full-size or a mini size hot glue gun then the AdTech Pro200 Full-size High-Output Hot Melt Glue Gun is a hybrid of both, providing the compact size of a small size glue gun while the power and sturdiness of a large size glue and it is priced like a full-size glue gun as well.
Another hot mini glue gun on this list is the Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun which is considered to be a heavy-duty and the best mini glue gun in terms of pricing.
Budget Glue Gun:
Of all the other hot melt glue guns present on the list, Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun is the cheapest option available that provides you hot melted glue for your home and commercial needs.
Usually, glue guns drip a small amount of glue after you stop using it, which can be very inconvenient if you do not place your glue gun properly after use. The Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun comes with a drip-free nozzle.
For a lightweight and compact hot glue gun, the Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun gets heated very quickly so that you can easily use quick heating and drying glue on your project without a problem.
- It quickly heats glue; saving you time.
- It is one of the most affordable glue guns on this list.
- It is very lightweight and small.
- It allows drip-free glueing.
- The Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun is very low in quality.
- The device is lightweight and compact.
- It is a very cheap hot glue gun compared to its competitors.
- The 20 Watts heat energy, quickly melts glue so that you don” t have to wait.
- It allows drip-free glue technology.
- It comes with 15 glue sticks.
Another pocket-friendly hot glue gun at the expense of quality is the Attican Mini Hot Glue Gun that offers you a 20-watt heating energy output to melt glue faster for your arts and crafts work; the device is lightweight and compact owning to the fact that it is a mini size glue gun. The black color simplistic design is very appealing while the overall device performance is great, mainly because of the useful drip-free technology.
The ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is a great compact hot glue gun; it is a mini-glue gun that is the best glue gun for crafts.
The ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is not made for industrial uses and mainly used for art projects. It melts glue quickly but not too warm so that the paper won’t get burned. It provides only 20 Watts of heat energy.
Best Customer Service:
If you are ever in peril with the ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun in question, then you can pick up the phone and gain 24/7 assistance from the manufacturer directly.
- It is the cheapest glue gun on the list.
- The ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is very lightweight.
- It can heat in 3-5 minutes.
- It is of compact size, making it the best for children’s uses.
- The ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is not durable for long time use.
- It is a 20watt hot glue gun.
- It is best for small glue uses at home.
- It can easily get warm in about 3-5 minutes of being on.
- The ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun has an LED on/off switch.
- It is the best hot glue gun for crafts
If you need an economical hot glue gun that gets the job done for small tasks of arts and best hot glue gun for crafting, then the ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is one of the best glue guns for you!
The Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun is a great mid-range hot glue gun, and it comes with great features making it the best price-to-performance hot glue gun.
The Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun comes with a 45-day refund guarantee, and if that wasn’t enough, Cobiz is providing a 3-year warranty because they have full trust in their product. This leaves no chance of error for those who are scared to buy a faulty glue gun.
Rapid Heating Technology:
The Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun features a dual power 60/100 watt that provides instant heating and melts glue right away without a hassle.
The Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun is a great glue gun for children and adults alike because it features safety inbuilt features to prevent overheating of the device, making it completely safe for prolonged.
- It comes with a 3-year free replacement warranty.
- The Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun provides premium features at an affordable price.
- 60/100 watt heating power melts glue instantly.
- It is made up of durable material.
- It is too big for casual home use.
- The Cobiz Full-Size Hot Glue Gun comes with two pieces of rubber protection.
- It has built-in safety features to prevent overheating.
- The Cobiz Full-size Hot Glue Gun is a full-size hot glue gun.
- The company provides 24/7 support with a three-year free replacement warranty.
The Cobiz Full-size Hot Glue Gun is a great device for professional use as well as casual use, and it comes at an affordable price with many features. The durability of this device is top-notch because it comes with a built-in safety feature to prevent overheating and in any case, the device stops working; the manufacturer provides 3-Year replacement warranty which is a huge bonus.
The number 1 on this list and the best mini glue gun as our top pick is the Surebonder PRO2-220 220 Watt Adjustable Temperature Professional Heavy Duty hot glue gun. It comes with many features to make your gluing needs easier.
The Surebonder PRO2-220 220 runs on 220 watts of heating power and reaches a temp of about 220 to 420 degree Fahrenheit to melt glue quickly and to the best intensity. It is considered to be the best hot glue gun for woodworking.
The Surebonder PRO2-220 220 is made up of great material that makes it very durable for use, and it can be used the entire day without any complications.
For Professional Use:
The Surebonder PRO2-220 220 is designed for professional to work hours on end without the fear of the glue gun burning out.
- The Surebonder PRO2-220 220 is the best glue gun.
- It is designed for professional.
- The durability of Surebonder PRO2-220 220 is not comparable to any other glue gun.
- It can work for hours without burning the circuit.
- It is very expensive.
- The Surebonder PRO2-220 220 can deliver up to 5 pounds of glue in an hour.
- It is best for industrial use.
- It can be used for hours without overheating.
- Special nozzles can be attached to a different kind of work.
- On/off switch is lighted to provide ease.
If you need a glue gun on the professional level and you cannot afford to waste your money on low-quality hot glue gun, then the Surebonder PRO2-220 220 is the best glue gun for you because of its numerous features and unquestionable durability that would make it the best glue gun for professional users.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Glue Gun
Prior to making your choice in buying one of the best hot glue guns, you must consider the following factors to check if the glue gun you choose is the best choice for you and your needs.
Size is an important factor when buying a glue gun because according to your needs will the size of the gun be determined, if you need a glue gun for mechanical uses and regularly then getting a full-sized one is your best bet while for casual usage and sticking materials for arts and crafts, buying a full-size would be overkill hence for small usage make sure to get a mini-size glue gun.
It is really essential that we take into consideration the power of the glue gun in wattage output before we select one.
The power of the glue gun to heat up the sticks depends on the watts it uses. The most important aspect to remember in glue guns is whether or not it has a power cord.
There are cordless devices that allow you to operate in small spaces, although there are restrictions to how long you will use them as you would need to disconnect and recharge the unit until you can use it.
Models with a cable will tend to operate just as long as there is a power source and it is turned on, but its own weakness often comes from the reality that you may consider it is challenging to use because the surface you choose to use is far away from your power socket
Some of them are often designed to suit into the two situations; they have cords that can be unplugged so they will serve the purpose of cordless and regular glue guns.
There’s a need for a large tip if you’re working with a ton of adhesive, but if you’re concerned with accuracy and precise jobs, you’ll need to find one with a smaller tip. There are situations that you would also require interchangeable nozzles, particularly when you need more versatility.
The purpose of using a hot glue gun is simply to melt the glue, which is why the temperature is constant. For faster glue melting you can buy a glue gun with higher temperature setting as more power consumption is directly proportional to the temperature of the hot glue gun, if your glue gun is 40 Watts or less, then chances are that the gun will melt glue after a long time as compared to 200 Watts glue gun.
Which Watt glue gun is best?
For non-extensive home use, 20 Watts is more than enough for a hot glue gun, and it will melt glue in about 3 – 4 minutes’ time. For industrial use, glue guns can reach up to 200 Watts for instant heating and cooling of the glue. While a variant of 40 – 60 Watt is also present on the market, which is for enthusiastic people that extensively use glue guns in their homes.
What is the best hot glue gun for crafts?
The ccbetter Upgraded Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun reviews the best as a hot glue gun for crafts because it is compact, not high temperature and drip-free so that your artwork is not ruined by excess glue while it is also sturdy and very economical.
Is hot glue permanent?
Hot glue is used in place of epoxy and is next to permanent unless excessive force is used to deliberately separate two glued pieces. It is very strong and resistant to force, if you wish to separate two glued pieces together, then your best bet is to apply the same amount of heat you did when applying the glue.
What does Hot glue not stick to?
Hot glue is hard to stick to plane slippery surfaces, especially smooth glass or metal planes that won’t allow the glue to stick to the surface and cool. Hot glue works best for paper, fabric, wood and other materials while rough metal surfaces and hard glass materials will easily stick to hot glue.
How do you use a glue stick without a gun?
You can mimic the action of a glue gun by taking a glue stick and lighting it up on fire, this will melt the glue drop by drop, but this method is for emergencies only because applying hot glue without a gun would be inaccurate and can risk in damage of the material.
Is wood glue stronger than hot glue?
In terms of using on wood joints, wood glue is much stronger because it is designed in such a way while hot glue can be universally used on any surface and can be used in place of epoxy. Wood glue takes a lot of time to dry while hot glue dries instantly.
Glue guns are a necessity of today where quick sticking is needed in every nook and corner of the world. You can get yourself a local and unreliable cheap glue gun, or you can buy one of the best hot glue guns on the market for a longer effect and get yourself a tool that will last you for a long time. So get yourself a glue gun today and enjoy sticking!