The 7 Best Shower Hair Drain Stoppers in 2020 – Review
We lose 100 hairs a day, and others will take a wash to get to the sink. If you’re not a huge fan of hair draining, you should get yourself the best hair drain stopper.
Hair is one of the most notable things that obstruct the drain of the water. When you shampoo your hair, a few loose threads appear to get off and go straight down to the sink and obstruct it. As a consequence, you would actually have a pool of water within your shower, which will render the whole bathroom messy. Whilst a plumber can help fix this dilemma, it is far too expensive in the long run to unclog the shower drains.
You can save a lot of trouble and time with a hair drain. You should easily grab the hair and dump it into the bin rather than search for items that open the drain. You’ll learn all about buying a good hair drain catcher in this guide.
Top 7 hair drain stoppers of 2020
A hair stopper with a shower drain is a lightweight, inexpensive device. But the meaning it creates is beyond comprehension in our daily lives. Today we’ll review some of the best shower drain hair stoppers to help you in buying the best shower hair catcher for you.
Price to performance
OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up & Regular Drains
Stainless steel with silicone outer covering
OXO 1288100 Good Grips Easy Clean Shower Stall Drain Protector
Stainless steel center with outer silicon rim
OXO 1395500 Good Grips Bathtub Drain Protector
Stainless steel center with outer silicon rim
Danco, Inc. DANCO Company 10529 Shower Stopper Hair catche
Stainless steel top with lightweight PVC on the bottom
GOOD LIVING Self-Sealing Hair catcher for Multiple Drain Sizes
SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protectors Keep Hair Out of Drains!
Danco Bathroom 88821 2-3/4-Inch Tub Mesh Strainer
We begin this list with the Danco Bathroom sink hair catcher, which is a fairly simple hair catcher. It can be used in kitchen sinks as well, so that the tiny debris of food does not get stuck inside the pipe. Its simple construction and straightforward makes installing it a piece of cake.
The Danco bathroom drain hair stopper is rust and stain-resistant, which is a great feature because drain catchers are exposed to water a lot.
Easy to use
It has a very simple design making it easy to install and remove. It is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
Say Goodbye to Clogged drains!
The meshwork won’t allow any debris to go down the pipe, while water can pass easily down the drain.
- The meshwork design makes sure no debris or hair will pass through the drain.
- Rust-free material used in its making.
- It is very easy to install, and the stainless steel coating makes it stain resistant.
- It is very affordable.
- One size does not fit all sinks or drains.
- It is not very aesthetic to fit.
- The stainless steel construction makes it durable, stain, and rust-free.
- The simple design makes it easy to install and remove, highly portable.
- Meshwork makes sure high filtration of debris from the water.
The Danco Bathroom 88821 2-3/4-Inch Tub Mesh Strainer is an excellent hair drain stopper if you are on the lookout for a simple, affordable, and durable best tub drain hair catcher. The meshwork is sturdy, and it does not let any debris pass. It does not come in a universal size, so you must be careful in measuring your drain before purchasing it.
The SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector is an easy-to-use product that leaves your bathroom drain clear and running without risking hair clogging. The internal diameter is 3 inches, while the external diameter is 5 1⁄4 inches. But don’t worry, it’s been built to suit both regular tub and shower sinks.
It has six suction cups that are capable of adhering to any smooth surface, whether tile or fiberglass. You would have to pump water over the suction cups to create a stable seal, then force them back.
Just clean the hair and dirt after you’re finished showering, spray the device and dry it to air. This is also safe to use in the dishwasher.
The SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protectors come in two sizes. Hence it can fit the bathtub drain hair catcher and the square shower drain hair catcher.
The SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector is very easy to clean, and it is dishwasher safe.
It has a 3-inch diameter, and it won’t let any hair pass to clog the drain. Water will pass easily while the hair will stick to the hair catcher.
- It comes in 4 beautiful colors to make your shower look more appealing.
- It is made up of plastic so there is no doubt that it won’t rust and it is very easy to clean.
- Dishwasher safe, so you can toss it in the dishwasher once it gets dirty.
- The plastic can break easily with a bit of stress, so one must make sure not to step over it while taking a shower.
- The material very hard; hence installing is not a walk in the park.
- It is made up of hard plastic, making it easy to clean.
- The suction cups hold the SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector in place.
- The small diameter of the pores does not let the hair pass and clog the drain.
The SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protectors are a great set of hair catchers that can fit your bathtub hair catcher and the shower drain hair catcher to make sure there is no hair or debris passing through the drain to clog the pipes. The SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector comes with suction cups to make sure the device stays in place. It is a great hair catcher for those who do not like steel or metal hair catchers.
The GOOD LIVING Self-Sealing Hair catcher is a life-saving device built for easy resolution of the issue of clogged drains. This collects hair and dirt, thus enabling the movement of water. For this purpose, year after year, you’ll have a drain that’s completely functioning. Ideally, this hair catcher isn’t like most products, because it seals itself and integrates perfectly with the current furniture. This shower drain hair catcher can go a long way to save you some bucks, but it’s really cheap.
The finger lift mechanism of GOOD LIVING Self-Sealing Hair catcher makes it easy to take out and clean it.
Unlike other hair catchers, the GOOD LIVING Self-Sealing Hair catcher comes in a universal size; hence it can fit most of the tubs and shower drains.
Easy to install
The device is self-sealing, and all you need to do is wet the drain on which you have to attach the hair catcher, and it will seal itself.
- The self-sealing makes it very strongly attached to the drain.
- It filters out hair from the drain making sure the pipe does not get clogged.
- The universal size makes it easy to attach to any size of the drain.
- It does not stop the flow of water.
- The finger lift mechanism makes it easy to remove for cleaning.
- The device shape makes it very difficult to clean, and it is not dishwasher safe.
- It is easy to remove.
- The universal design makes it easy to attach to any drain of the tub, shower, or sink.
- The sturdy self-sealing mechanism which makes it very simple to attach to a drain.
The GOOD LIVING Self-Sealing Hair catcher is a strong and sturdy hair catcher which is very easy to install and remove for cleaning. It will make sure no to disturb the water flow, which catching every single bit of hair so that it doesn’t clog the drain. The only flaw is that its design makes it difficult to clean.
On number 4, we have the DANCO Company 10529 Shower Stopper/Hair catcher. Installation is quite simple without any equipment needed. However, it functions well to insure that clogs and foreign items are extracted. The hair catcher is constructed of lightweight PVC plastic, so expect it to match almost every drain as well as stay tightly. The white color fits well with the current fixtures. The manufacturer has fitted it with special pegs to trap the hair until it can pass down the drain. This hair catcher is built to match drains with a diameter varying from 4 inches to 4.5 inches.
Easy to install
It requires no special tools to fit inside the drain.
The design of this hair catcher is great, and there are two filters through which the water will pass through; hence there is no chance that a single strand of hair makes it to the drain pipe.
It merges directly with the sink, which might raise concern as to how would one take it out for cleaning? The finger-lift mechanism makes it very easy to remove.
- It doesn’t let a single hair strand pass.
- It fits in place and does not get removed with the flow of water.
- The finger-lift mechanism makes it easy to remove.
- It is very affordable.
- Its dual filter design makes it a hassle to clean.
- Beautiful design; merges with the drain, making it continuous with the bathroom floor.
- The finger-lift mechanism makes it easy to remove.
- It does not let a single strand of hair pass through the filter.
- Lightweight material won’t let the flow of water get disturbed.
The DANCO Company 10529 Shower Stopper/Hair catcher is a great hair catcher for those whose hair catchers disturb their showers. You can easily install it, and it will merge with the drain so that you barely notice a hair catcher is attached to the drain. It is also easy to remove, but cleaning it is a piece of work.
The OXO 1395500 Good Grips Bathtub Drain Protector has many features that really add to its success. It’s fitted with a silicone bottom, which helps hold it in position while keeping it from slipping around. It also features an inventive pattern of holes that captures hair without blocking drainage. The protection for the shower stall drain is made of rust-proof stainless steel, which helps it to hold up under severe conditions. It lies flat on drains from the shower stall; therefore, it won’t get in the way.
Easy to clean
The OXO 1395500 Good Grips Bathtub Drain Protector has a very simple design making it very easy to clean without much effort.
Stays in place
It has a silicon rim, which does not let it slip from its place with a flow of water.
Stainless steel center
The stainless steel center of OXO 1395500 Good Grips Bathtub Drain hair stopper makes it durable, sturdy, and rust, and stain-proof.
- The hole pattern does not let the hair pass through.
- Stainless steel in the center makes it durable and rust-free.
- The silicon rim makes it stay in place.
- Easy to clean thanks to its convenient shape.
- The silicon on the sides may deteriorate, making it move away from the drain.
- Great design, helps in cleaning of the device.
- The center is stainless steel, which will not allow it to get stained or rusted.
- The silicon rim will create friction and won’t let the device to be moved from its place.
- The hole pattern makes it a great hair catcher to stop any hair from making it to the pipe.
The OXO 1395500 Good Grips Bathtub hair catcher for pup up drain is a great rust-free and stain-free hair catcher that will not break easily. The convenient design makes it easy to install and remove while the hole pattern will make sure no hair strands make it to the pipes. It is a great hair catcher if you place it in a place with no heavy water flow.
This OXO shower stall drain protection can be mounted on top of any shower drain irrespective of location, due to its flat shape. The holes are shaped in a way that enables the water to flow whilst the excess hair, and soap scum become stuck. This catcher may not adhere well to the drain, though, so you will want to use something to lock it in place. Often, if the movement of water becomes so heavy, it may start flowing.
Silicon coating on the rim
The silicone coating holds the shield in a position such that no waterfalls through the tubing. As a consequence, you won’t have to think about daily unblocking of the water pipes. You can quickly rinse it by lifting it and dumping anything it collects into the bin after you’re finished with your shower.
Rust-proof stainless steel
The construction of rust-proof stainless steel will last forever and will have minimal symptoms of wear and tear. The contaminants used in the shampoo, shower gel, and soap don’t damage it.
The design is great, with numerous holes making sure the water is properly filtered of items that could potentially clog the drain.
- Stainless steel center won’t allow it to get rusted.
- It is sturdy and durable; it won’t be stained by soap and water.
- The silicone rim holds it in place.
- It has a very beautiful and aesthetic design.
- The silicon rim may get worn after removing a few times, which will ultimately make it move from the drain with heavy water flow.
- Stainless steel center won’t let it rust.
- It is durable and sturdy at an affordable price.
- The numerous holes filter water from debris very efficiently.
- Simple design makes it very easy to clean.
- The hair catcher compliments the aesthetics of the shower.
The OXO shower stall drain protection is a sturdy and durable shower hair catcher which will not only stop hair strands to pass but will also stop other debris from clogging up your pipes. You can easily install it and remove it for easy cleaning. The silicon rim can be worn off if you remove and install it multiple times.
The OXO good grips silicone drain protector for pop-up & regular drains are great hair drain catcher and the top-pick for our list of best hair drain catcher of 2020. OXO is a known brand, and it has a great reputation for always delivering to customers. It comes as a variant as a hair catcher for pop-up drain.
The OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector has a great tall and dome shape; it comes in both pop-up and flat drains depending on your preference.
The bathtub hair strainer is very durable and sturdy. The construction is of stainless steel and silicone which won’t get rusted or stained.
Water Flow Uninterrupted
The design is convenient, making sure that no hair or debris passes through the pipe while also making sure that the water flow does not get disturbed.
- It is easy to install and easy to remove for cleaning.
- The construction is of stainless steel and silicone, which means it will not rust or get stained.
- Filters out hair and debris without interfering with the water flow.
- Very affordable and less priced as compared to its competitors.
- It does not require cleaning for a long time.
- The grey color helps in blending it with the tub drain screen and shower.
- The pop-up drain can be a nuisance if you step on it.
- Great design requires no continual cleaning.
- It is very durable and will stay put even after a lot of force.
- The stainless steel and silicone construction makes it stay rust-free and stain-free while providing the maximum filtration.
- It is very stable and sticks to its place.
The OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector is a great hair catcher, and this is why it tops the list of best hair catcher for shower drain of 2020. It is our top pick, and there are no notable cons for this device. It performs as it says, and it performs well. It filters a large quantity of hair and debris before being needed to clean while the design and construction make it sturdy and durable.
What To Look For When Buying A Drain Hair catcher?
Here is what you must look for when buying a drain hair catcher:
The design plays a great role in a drain hair catcher because the ease to install and remove depends solely on the design while also the amount of hair a hair catcher can filter.
Checking the material of the hair catcher is also an important factor because plastic tends to be less durable than stainless steel, while stainless steel on its own can slip; the combination of stainless steel and silicon will make it easy as pie to have a durable yet non-slipping drain hair catcher.
The whole point of a drain hair catcher is to cause you less inconvenience. So search for one that does not require much effort in cleaning and installing.
Qs. How do I stop my hair from going down the shower drain?
You can attach a hair catcher to your shower drain, which will make sure no hair or debris passes through the drain pipe to clog it.
Qs. How do you use a hair catcher drain?
Hair drain catchers are easy to fit. Simply wet the area on which you wish to attach the device and place the hair catcher on it, the suction cups or silicon base will automatically stick to the drain.
Qs. Can you dissolve hair in a drain?
If your drain is clogged because of excess hair build-up, then you can try pouring a mixture of baking soda and water down the drain, which will dissolve the hair; if the clog is extensive, then you will require a plumber to unclog it.
Qs. How do you clean a hair catcher in the shower?
Hair catchers do not let hair and debris to pass through the drain. The hair sticks to the hair catcher instead of going down the pipe. You can simply remove the drain catcher from its place and throw the hair and debris in the bin.
Qs. What breaks down hair in drain?
An acidic or basic mixture will most likely unclog a drain clogged with hair by dissolving it, but if the clog is extensive, then you will need the services of a plumber.
Hair drain catchers are a necessity for every home because we lose a lot of hair every day and this hair is not meant to be inside the drain pipes as once they get accumulated; the drain will be so clogged you will need to get a plumber and spend a lot of money for unclogging the drain. This is why the most economical option is to get yourself a drain.